- London, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
STEM Summer Research at the World's Leading Veterinary School
Spend six weeks earning six credits, while completing independent biomedical research under the supervision of cutting-edge researchers at Royal Veterinary College, University of London! This is a great way to gain valuable research experience outside of the traditional semester academic calendar, while living in one of the most exciting cities in the world.
Royal Veterinary College was ranked at the world’s leading veterinary school in the QS World Rankings. Its vast research commitment encompasses excellence in biological and veterinary science, dedicated to the improvement of human and animal health and welfare. It is a diverse institution dedicated to accessibility and fosters a supportive learning environment.
As a college of the University of London, RVC offers access to facilities of most other member colleges and institutions, which provides additional resources for your research. Operating on two campuses, the RVC’s central London campus is located in London’s vibrant Camden area.
You’ll also take part in the Arcadia London Center’s full program of cultural and experiential opportunities to create an unforgettable summer experience.
Projects are available in the following areas: Cell Biology/Genetics; Neuroscience/Cell Biology; Cell Biology/Developmental Biology; Immunology/Cell Biology; Large Animal Medicine; Immunology/Microbiology; Cell Biology; Virology/Large Animal Medicine; Neuroanatomy/Imaging Science
Additional Program Highlights:
- Program is highly individualized, with limited enrollment.
- You will need to complete a brief Literature Review in consultation with your research supervisor prior to departure before the start of the program.
Arcadia is a nationally recognized leader in higher education, offering exceptional study, research and internship experiences for students from colleges and universities across the US. Our unique combination of customized, diverse academic programming and comprehensive support allows students to explore new worlds, get to know themselves, boost their resumes for future job opportunities and graduate school, and experience the incredible growth and shifts in perspective that a culturally immersive experience can deliver.
- Setting Description:
- RVC is a member of the vast University of London system and as a student you are entitled to use the libraries and facilities of most other member colleges and institutions, which provides you with unlimited research resources. In addition to restaurants and an entertainment venue that attracts major bands and comedy acts, you'll find the union equipped with shops, a fitness center and weights room, health spa, squash and badminton courts, and swimming pool. Student Central provides additional opportunities to meet and socialize with students from the many colleges and institutes that make up the University of London system. Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling of Arcadia's Excursions - for a complete list, please visit our website. · Harry Potter Studio Tour · London Street Art Tour · Hampton Court Day Excursion · Rugby or Football Match · and m
- Visit our website to find out more about tuition costs and what's included when studying abroad with Arcadia
Additional Program Information
- 2.8 - Recommended 2.8 - For Consideration
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out our website for different funding sources for study abroad...