- Perugia, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
A European university experience
The Università degli Studi di Perugia, founded in 1308, is one of Italy’s oldest universities, offering a diverse and multicultural environment with a commitment to innovative programming.
Among its array of program offerings is a direct-enroll option for American undergraduates offered in partnership with the Umbra Institute and the Università per Stranieri. This program gives you an immersive experience alongside Italian and international students, while allowing you to build your Italian language skills, and to benefit from all the student welfare services and cultural programming offered by ISI Perugia - The Umbra Institute.
It’s a great way for students with four semesters of Italian language background (Common European Framework B2) to experience the European university system.
The program consists of an initial six weeks of Italian language at the prestigious Università per Stranieri prior to starting your two elective courses at the Università degli Studi di Perugia. You’ll also take part in tutorials led by ISI Perguia professors.
The hilltop city of Perugia, located halfway between Rome and Florence, is a quintessential university town, offering scenic art and architecture and historical resonance at every turn. With Etruscan walls, cobblestoned streets, and medieval churches surrounding you, you’ll find yourself in a contemporary, bustling place with visible traces of the past.
ISI Perugia - The Umbra Institute, located on Perugia’s main piazza, adjacent to the duomo, is the only year-round independent American institute based in Perugia. The Institute maximizes the resources of its surroundings, by infusing community engagement and experiential learning into all of its programming.
Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling:
- Amalfi Coast
- Film Series
- Roman Baths and Wine Vineyards in Viterbo
- and more...
Arcadia is a nationally recognized leader in higher education, offering exceptional study, research and internship experiences for students from colleges and universities across the US. Our unique combination of customized, diverse academic programming and comprehensive support allows students to explore new worlds, get to know themselves, boost their resumes for future job opportunities and graduate school, and experience the incredible growth and shifts in perspective that a culturally immersive experience can deliver.
- Setting Description:
- It is truly a multicultural campus with over 1,500 full time international students and about 450 study abroad students from around the world. Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling of Arcadia's Excursions - for a complete list, please visit our website. · Amalfi Coast · Film Festivals · Trip to Roman Baths and Wine Vineyards · Explore Agriturismo, Outdoor Markets, Food and Flavors · and more...
- See website for details. Scholarships available!
Additional Program Information
- GPA Requirements: 2.75 Recommended 2.50 For Consideration
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out different funding sources for study abroad - from Arcadia and other foundations...