- Maynooth, Ireland
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Ireland's friendliest university
As the fastest-growing university in Ireland, Maynooth University is a friendly, welcoming blend of old and new. It is simultaneously one of Ireland’s youngest universities, founded in the tradition of one of Ireland’s oldest.
Established just 20 years ago as one of the four constituent colleges of the National University of Ireland, it traces its origins to the founding of St Patricks College Seminary in 1795.
Maynooth ranked #43 in the top 100 universities under 50 years old in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings, and is home to 13,000 students, among them over 2,200 international students from 95 countries.
The university is strongly focused on the humanities, social sciences, and natural sciences, and maintains a deep commitment to research, teaching and engagement. It boasts particular strengths in anthropology, celtic studies, the arts and education as well as business, science, and electronic engineering. This university is also the only one in Ireland to offer a credit-bearing school-based classroom observation experience for education majors.
Located an easy commutable distance away from Dublin, Maynooth is a cozy, friendly Irish town with plenty of amenities. Pubs, shops, restaurants and clubs are all nearby and you’ll enjoy the bustle and rhythm of daily life. On campus, you are encouraged to join any of the hundred available Clubs and Societies, where you’ll get involved and make friends.
Campus architecture is a mix of old and new, and you’ll have access to a new library, along with restaurants, cafes, and a bookshop. When you want to visit the big city, Dublin is a short bus or train ride away.
Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses.
Here is a sampling:
- Belfast Weekend
- Giant's Causeway
- Cliffs of Moher
- Bunratty Castle & Folk Park
- Game of Thrones set locations
- and more...
Arcadia is a nationally recognized leader in higher education, offering exceptional study, research and internship experiences for students from colleges and universities across the US. Our unique combination of customized, diverse academic programming and comprehensive support allows students to explore new worlds, get to know themselves, boost their resumes for future job opportunities and graduate school, and experience the incredible growth and shifts in perspective that a culturally immersive experience can deliver.
- Setting Description:
- Maynooth is located in County Kildare and its proximity to Dublin allows students to enjoy the peace and tranquility of an Irish village while retaining easy access to the excitement and cultural opportunities offered by the capital. The university is divided into North and South campuses, but you will find that you are always within walking distance of both campuses and your housing. You will be able to enjoy the nearby amenities of the town of Maynooth, including cafes, restaurants, shops, and pubs, with Dublin city center only a 50-minute train ride away. Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling of Arcadia's Excursions - for a complete list, please visit our website. · Giants Causeway · Cliffs of Moher · Weekend in Belfast · Bunratty Castle and Folk Park · Dublin Food Trail · and more...
- Visit our website to find out more about tuition costs and what's included when studying abroad with Arcadia
Additional Program Information
- 3.0 - Recommended 2.75 - For Consideration
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out our website for different funding sources for study abroad...