- Brisbane, Australia
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Close proximity to the Great Barrier Reef and tropical savannahs, bushlands, and rainforest
Established in 1961 and currently home to more than 20,000 students, James Cook University, located in Townsville in tropical north Queensland, is ranked number one in the world for Marine and Freshwater Biology - a fitting designation for a university with close proximity to the Great Barrier Reef and surrounding tropical savannahs, bushlands, and rainforest. JCU draws strength and inspiration from Australia’s rich and diverse environment, and many courses offer fieldwork components to maximize your experience with hands-on learning.
With stellar rankings for student support, skills development, research (with 26 specialized research centres and institutes), and learner engagement, students from over a hundred countries enjoy JCU’s extensive range of course offerings, with additional strengths in biodiversity, tropical environmental studies, earth sciences, tropical health, and a special focus on ecotourism, along with cultural heritage management and Asia-Pacific community development.
An inspiring academic community is achieved through strong international services and student programming. You’ll enjoy the sunny, warm climate and the friendly, multicultural campus vibe.
Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling:
- Great Barrier Reef
- The Grampians- Breathtaking scenery
- Broken Bay- Rappel, hike, swim & campfire cookouts
- North Stradbroke Island-Kayak & snorkel
- and more...
Arcadia is a nationally recognized leader in higher education, offering exceptional study, research and internship experiences for students from colleges and universities across the US. Our unique combination of customized, diverse academic programming and comprehensive support allows students to explore new worlds, get to know themselves, boost their resumes for future job opportunities and graduate school, and experience the incredible growth and shifts in perspective that a culturally immersive experience can deliver.
- Setting Description:
- Townsville, regional government and transportation hub, is a city of 130,000 and infinite fun, ranging from professional sports teams, theaters, museums, and music venues. With 11,000 students on the Townsville campus, you'll find active student communities in cities that provide a unique perspective on Australian life. Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling of Arcadia's Excursions - for a complete list, please visit our website. · Mission Beach · The Grampians · North Stradbroke Island · Broken Bay · and more…
- Visit our website to find out more about tuition costs and what's included when studying abroad with Arcadia
Additional Program Information
- 2.8 - Recommended 2.5 - For Consideration
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out our website for different funding sources for study abroad...