- Multi-Country Programs, Multi-Country Programs
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Spring Semester, Summer, Winter Semester
- Work Types:
- Arts & Architecture, Business, Computer Science, Education, Engineering, Fashion, Hospitality, Journalism, Medical, Nursing, Psychology, Sciences & Environment, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
Complete a virtual internship with an international organization to differentiate your resume, earn essential skills that employers value, and grow your professional network with the API Virtual Internship program. Full-time internships will require a commitment of 32 hours a week; part-time internship placements will require a commitment of 20 hours per week.
API’s virtual internship programming will support your internship success as you engage in activities designed to refine specific skills, orient you to the international workplace culture, guide you through virtual cultural webinars and local visits, and display your learning in a digital badge that you can add to your LinkedIn profile, e-portfolio, personal websites, digital resumes and more.
API’s Virtual Global Internship Program will provide you the opportunity to intentionally grow the skills that employers value in a global context, in a remote setting from home.
You will differentiate your resume by working closely with an organization based abroad, navigating challenges and embracing the opportunities that arise from working across cultures to make a meaningful impact on your host organization. You will be a part of API’s virtual intern community, sharing your experience in real-time with API’s network of interns completing internships across the world. As a result, you will also earn a digital badge credential that you can display on LinkedIn that certifies your successful skill development and connects you to job openings and employers that seek your specific skill set. And you will do it all while navigating a variety of digital technologies- another top skill for employers!
APICONNECT VIRTUAL WORKSPACE
Connect with global interns in our virtual workspace and navigate activities designed to grow your professional skill set and earn the API Digital Badge in Global Workplace Communication. The workspace will include:
I. Welcome + Orientation Module
II. Growing your skill set: Critical Thinking + Problem-Solving
III. Growing your skill set: Communication
IV. Growing your skill set: Leadership
V. Growing your skill set: Cross-cultural collaboration
VI. Growing your skill set: Professionalism + work ethic
VII. Reflection + Application
- Setting Description:
- API’S VIRTUAL GLOBAL INTERNSHIP SUPPORT + SERVICES: A virtual international internship placement with designated supervisor Orientation to working in a virtual environment Orientation to working within a different cultural setting Guided skill development programming designed to enhance your career readiness before, during, and after the internship Professional development support in applying your virtual international internship to your unique career pathway Webinars about the local host culture facilitated by API Resident Directors
Additional Program Information
- Minimum 2.5 (3.0 for STEM) G.P.A. Cover Letter Two Letters of Reference Official Transcript(s) Résumé/C.V. University Approval Form (if applicable) Advising session Required equipment: Laptop with reliable internet access
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.