- Rome, Italy
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Work Types:
- Arts & Architecture, Business, Computer Science, Education, Journalism, Law, Psychology, Religion, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
Founded in 1972, John Cabot University is an independent, four-year, U.S.-accredited liberal arts university located in Rome. Centrally located in the quaint Trastevere neighborhood, JCU is a only short walk away from the Tiber River and many of Rome’s most historic sites. The school is named after the Italian navigator, Giovanni Caboto, or John Cabot, whose exploration helped to open relations between Italy, England, and North America.
Students at the John Cabot University (JCU) in Rome can choose to study a wide variety of disciplines in English. Most API students choose to complete an Italian language course along with several other elective courses taught in English. It is highly recommended that students enroll in at least one Italian language course per semester. Italian language courses are taught at all levels.
API students have the opportunity to participate in an internship for a semester or academic year while studying at JCU. Internships are only credit bearing if the student stays for a semester or full academic year and submits all required documents by the API application deadline (though interested students are encouraged to apply early). Internships may or may not require Italian experience; it will depend upon the specific placement. There are no extra charges for the internship. Students who are interested in this opportunity should submit at CV/resume and letter of interest to their API Program Manager in addition to their API application. Once your Program Manager receives all completed supplemental application components for the internship, you will then be contacted by the JCU internship coordinator for follow up.
- Setting Description:
- The capital of Italy, Rome has always been a cultural and political stronghold and crossroads for people from across the globe. The glorious history of the eternal city can be seen in the form of artwork, exquisite monuments, museums, churches and architecture. One of the grandest sites in Rome is the great Colosseum, which remains an architectural feat in the eyes of modern engineers and has recently been named one of the “Seven Wonders of the Modern World.” The Sistine Chapel, St. Peter’s Square and the Basilica of St. Peter are ever-present reminders of the Catholic Church’s historical and religious influence. Rome is also full of picturesque piazzas and famous fountains. Here, Romans and visitors alike can step out of the hustle and bustle of modern Rome and enjoy people-watching over a café. For those looking to study in a cosmopolitan city rich with history, art, architecture and diverse people from around the globe, Rome beckons!
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, and more!
Additional Program Information
- Minimum 2.7 G.P.A. Open to freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors Open to all levels of Italian speakers
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student. API also offers a Diversity Scholarship and Early Bird Scholarship opportunities for API-JCU students. Please see API website for details.